Dear Friends and Neighbors,
This morning the MBTA announced a proposal to drastically reduce services across the system to adjust for the budget deficit they will be facing due to the COVID-19 public health emergency. Included in these updates, will be changes to the Commuter Rail lines, which services the residents of Needham, Dover, and Medfield. The MBTA has proposed to cut all weekend services for the commuter rail and to decrease weekday peak service and some midday service. For the details of this plan, click here.
I encourage you all to attend the virtual public meeting taking place tomorrow and to share your opinions on these changes:
MBTA Forging Ahead Virtual Public Meeting: Metrowest (Region 1)
November 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, the Town is launching a mural project along the Needham Bay Colony Rail Trail. This project invites residents to paint sections of a mural designed by Megan Carleton. The mural will be painted along the 75-foot fence that borders the rail trail. To learn more about the project, click here.
- In Dover, the Board of Health released a COVID-19 update on Friday, November 6. This update provides information on the number of COVID-19 cases in Dover and information on celebrating Thanksgiving during COVID-19. To read the update, click here.
- In Medfield, starting tomorrow, November 10, the Town will be conducting sewer smoking testing in two areas of Medfield. The smoking test will help the Town identify locations where stormwater is flowing into the sewer system to help reduce costs. For more information, click here.
- In Needham,
- the Select Board will be meeting on Tuesday, November 10 at 6:00 PM. The Board will be hearing from the Director of Public Works and the Town Manager. For more information, click here.
- the Town will be holding its Veteran’s Day Ceremony on Wednesday, November 11 at 11:00 AM at Memorial Park.
- In Dover,
- the Caryl Community Center Building Committee will be meeting today, November 9 at 6:30 PM. Meeting items on the agenda include discussing design schemes. For more information, click here.
- the Board of Health will be meeting Thursday, November 12 at 10:00 AM. The board will be discussing health matters related to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, click here.
- In Medfield,
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting Tuesday, November 10 at 7:00 PM. The board will be discussing COVID-19 operations and CARES Funding and liquor license fees for 2021. For more information, click here.
- the School Committee will be meeting on Tuesday, November 10 at 7:00 PM. The committee will be discussing the FY2021 budget and the dale street school project site selection. For more information, click here.
- This week the House of Representatives will be debating the House Ways and Means FY2021 budget recommendations. This year, there have been 777 amendments filed which require careful consideration as we craft this budget. To follow the budget process, click here.
- On Friday, the Department of Public Health announced they will be using a new measurement system for determining community risk levels. Our town and school elected and staff are striving to keep our communities safe. At this time, I share the concerns of many who seek to ensure that the data presented in this format will continue to inform the health and safety of our communities. To see the update community designations, click here.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- The State is currently in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.