Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Every year the winter holiday season is a critical time for small businesses and this year is no different in that regard. Businesses across the Commonwealth have been bearing the weight of the economic impact from COVID-19 and while there has been relief available, these businesses need our support. For many businesses, holiday sales may be the difference between staying open in the new year.
In Needham, the Newtown-Needham Chambers and the Town are partnering to offer the Needham 100 Day Challenge to encourage shoppers to support small businesses in the final days of 2020. There are many ways to support our local businesses, by shopping in person or online, purchasing gift cards, and following businesses on their social media accounts.
I hope you will join me in shopping locally this year in Needham, Dover, and Medfield as we support our local businesses, business owners, and their employees through this critical holiday season.
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, The Needham Channel filmed the Blue Tree Lighting that was held virtually on November 27, 2020. While this celebration was unable to happen as it has in the past, this virtual lighting is available online for everyone to enjoy. To watch the lighting, click here.
- In Dover, the Dover Cultural Council is accepting grant applications for cultural enrichment programs through the Mass Cultural Council. The deadline to submit an application is December 14, 2020. To apply, click here.
- In Medfield, Medfield TV will host a live broadcast of the Cultural Alliance’s 6th Annual Holiday Stroll and MEMO’s Tree Lighting on Friday, December 4 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Enjoy the festivities from the comfort of your own home this year. For more information, click here.
- In Needham,
- the Needham Planning Board will be meeting on Tuesday, December 1 at 7:15 PM via Zoom. The board will be discussing various properties in town and the Highland Commercial 1 Rezoning and Planning study. For meeting information, click here.
- the Domestic Violence Action Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, December 2 at 9:00 AM via Zoom. The committee will be reviewing the Silent Witness Display and discussing having a cable series. For meeting information, click here.
- In Dover,
- the Community Center Building Committee will be holding a virtual public forum on Tuesday, December 1 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The committee will be discussing designs for the future Dover Community Center. To learn more, click here.
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. The agenda and meeting information will be available on the Town of Dover website.
- In Medfield,
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Tuesday, December 1 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for the meeting includes appointments and a discussion on the Medfield Youth Outreach logo. For meeting information, click here.
- the Conservation Committee will be meeting on Thursday, December 3 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda and meeting information will be available on the Town of Medfield website.
- The Department of Public Health has updated the list of states exempt from the COVID-19 travel order in Massachusetts. Hawaii is the only state currently on the list. If you are traveling into Massachusetts from one of the other 49 states you must fill out the travel form and quarantine and/or test negative for COVID-19. For more information, click here.
- The Emotional PPE Project is a program that provides healthcare workers with a licensed mental health professional who can help those in need. The Emotional PPE Project is no cost and insurance is not needed to use this service. To learn more, click here.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- The State is currently in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.