Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Happy healthy New Year to you and all you love. It is my hope that through the holidays you were able to find some ways to rest and rejuvenate and so greet the new year with resilience.
With vaccines here for some and on the horizon for many, I want to share the following resources with updated information. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has published a document that explains how mRNA vaccines work that you can read here. In addition, they also have a web page explaining how safety is ensured for the COVID-19 vaccine that you can read here.
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, the Public Health Division shared a COVID-19 update for the Town. This update includes information on COVID-19 cases and a message regarding the vaccine. To read the update, click here.
- In Dover, the Dover Town Library will be closed until further notice due to a staff member testing positive for COVID-19. All curbside appointments for the next week have been postponed. For updates regarding the library, click here.
- In Medfield, the Recycling and Transfer Station will be holding electronic recycling day on January 30, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. To learn more, click here.
- In Needham,
- the School Committee is meeting on Tuesday, January 5 at 5:30 PM via Zoom. The committee will be discussing the FY22 budget. For more information, click here.
- the Community Preservation Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, January 6 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The committee will be discussing updates on various projects in town. For more information, click here.
- In Dover,
- the Board of Health is meeting tonight, Monday, January 4 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The Board will be discussing the well report and the BOH office move. For more information, click here.
- the Board of Selectmen is meeting on Thursday, January 7 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. The agenda for the meeting includes a FY22 operating budget presentation and the 2021 Town Meeting Warrant Articles preview. For more information, click here.
- In Medfield,
- the Planning Board is meeting tonight, Monday, January 4 at 7:30 PM via Zoom. The Board will be discussing the Townwide Master Plan and the PV Solar Bylaw. For more information, click here.
- the Board of Selectmen is meeting on Tuesday, January 5 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The Board will be discussing the Medfield State Hospital property a COVID-19 status update. For more information, click here.
- Starting January 11, first responders, including police, firefighters, and EMTs, in Massachusetts will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Massachusetts is still in the first phase of its distribution timeline. For more information, click here.
- Today the Department of Public Health released a new interactive COVID-19 data dashboard. The dashboard includes information on confirmed cases, testing, and other key public health metrics. To view the dashboard, click here.
- The Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation will be accepting applications for sector-specific COVID-19 relief grants for small businesses until January 15, 2021. For more information, click here.
- The Department of Family and Medical Leave has announced that parents or legal guardians who have adopted a child in 2020 can begin applying for family leave to bond with that child, with leave benefits beginning January 1, 2021. To learn more about Paid Family and Medical Leave in Massachusetts, click here.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- On Sunday, December 15 the Commonwealth will roll back to Step 1 in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. This will reduce capacity for many sectors and tighten workplace restrictions. Additionally, restaurants, gyms, and offices have additional guidelines to follow. To learn more, click here.
- If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.