Dear Friends and Neighbors,
On Thursday, February 25 at 11am there will be a live broadcast of the Joint Committee on Covid-19 and Emergency Preparedness and Management hearing on the vaccine supply, vaccine roll out logistics and operations. I have been in discussion with Chair Bill Driscoll and I have shared the multitude of questions, concerns, anxieties for their own health and the health of loved ones, frustrations, and anger of my constituents. The federal vaccine supply is insufficient and the state actions for administration, including bypassing our local health departments is inadequate. Join me as we discuss the problems and seek solutions. Massachusetts can and must do better for all our residents.
The live broadcast will be on the MA Legislature website: here.
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, the Needham Unite Against Racism Working Group is holding a public meeting tonight, Monday, February 22 via Zoom at 6:00 PM. This public meeting will include an overview of zoning and housing policy. For more information, click here.
- In Dover, the Town has procured the doverma.gov domain. For the next year, the Town will continue to use the .org domain and staffs email addresses will still work as an alias. To learn more, click here.
- In Medfield, the COVID-19 Data Dashboard was updated on Friday, February 19. The dashboard includes updated information on cases and testing. To view the dashboard, click here.
- In Needham,
- the Select Board will be meeting on Tuesday, February 23 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a board discussion on COVID-19 vaccination planning. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Board of Health will be meeting on Wednesday, February 24 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a COVID-19 update and discussion. For the meeting information, click here.
- in Dover,
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Thursday, February 25 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes updates from the Town Administrator on COVID-19 and the Caryl Community Center. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Dover Cultural Council will be meeting on Thursday, February 25 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a discussion on planning for Fall program. For the meeting information, click here.
- in Medfield,
- the Board of Health will be meeting on Wednesday, February 24 at 4:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes an update on vaccine distribution. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Tuesday, February 23 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a discussion on COVID-19, the FY2022 operating and capital budgets, and the 2021 Annual Town Meeting and Warrant Articles. For more information, click here.
- This Spring, the MBTA will be implementing changes to its services. the MBTA’s Service Planning team will be holding a virtual public meeting on Wednesday, February 24 at 6:00 PM to provide an overview on these changes. For more information, click here.
- MassHealth is providing free transportation to COVID-19 vaccine appointments to any individuals that has any type of MassHealth coverage or the Health Safety Net. In addition, members can request transportation services directly through MassHealth’s Customer Service, rather than needing to request services through a health care provider by calling: 800-841-2900.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- Massachusetts is currently in Step 1 in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. This will reduce capacity for many sectors and tighten workplace restrictions. Additionally, restaurants, gyms, and offices have additional guidelines to follow. To learn more, click here.
- If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.