Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I share you anxiety, frustration, fear, and anger with the present system of registering for the COVID-19 vaccine in Massachusetts. There are many things the Commonwealth can and should do to improve the logistics of registering including addressing their website and increasing the number of facilities that can administer the vaccine. Unfortunately, the reality of this situation is that we do not have the supply of vaccine that is currently needed and this is because of the method the federal government has been using to allocate the vaccine among the states.
It is my hope that the new federal administration will increase the speed we are manufacturing and distributing these vaccines but I will continue to advocate for changes the Commonwealth can make to improve this situation.
Yours in service,
- In Needham, the Town is providing short-term rental payment assistance to Needham residents who have lost income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications are being accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until all of the funds have been committed. To learn more, click here.
- In Dover, the Council on Aging is available to assist with scheduling appointments for the COVID-19 vaccination for those eligible under phase 2. The COA can be contacted by calling (508) 315 – 5734 and by emailing email@example.com.
- In Medfield, tonight the Planning Board will be holding a public hearing at 7:35 PM via Zoom for the purpose of accepting public comments on amendments to the Town of Medfield Zoning By-laws. For information on the hearing and the amendments, click here.
- In Needham,
- the School Committee will be meeting on Tuesday, February 2 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a discussion on the Pollard Middle School Improvement plan and an update on student learning. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Massachusetts Department of Transportation will be holding a public information meeting on Wednesday, February 3 at 6:30 PM via Zoom. MassDOT will be sharing the updated construction schedule for the Needham-Newton Corridor Project. For the meeting information, click here.
- In Dover,
- the Caryl Community Center Building Committee will be meeting tonight, Monday, February 1 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a concept deign discussion and a program evaluation discussion. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Dover Cultural Council will be meeting on Thursday, February 4 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes discussing the Cultural Council grants. For the meeting information, click here.
- In Medfield,
- the Dale Street School Building Committee will be holding a public forum tonight, Monday, February 1 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The purpose of the public forum is for continued analysis and input. For the meeting information, click here.
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Tuesday, February 2 at 7:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a discussion on FY2022 operating and capital budgets and a discussion on the 2021 Annual Town Meeting. For the meeting information, click here.
- If you are aware of someone aged 75+ who cannot access the internet to register for a vaccine, please contact my office with the individual’s name and phone number so we can provide assistance.
- Massachusetts has updated its COVID-19 Vaccine webpage to include tools to support individuals in determining eligibility and in finding locations that offer the vaccine. To access this new webpage, click here.
- An additional 1,100 small businesses have been awarded funding through the COVID-19 Small Business Grant Program administered by the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation. Businesses in Needham and Medfield have earned funding through this program. For more information on ongoing grant funding opportunities, click here.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- Massachusetts is currently in Step 1 in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. This will reduce capacity for many sectors and tighten workplace restrictions. Additionally, restaurants, gyms, and offices have additional guidelines to follow. To learn more, click here.
- If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.