Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I know so many of you are working hard to keep yourselves, loved ones and our community safe. Integral to this process is your ability to get a test as needed and participate in contact tracing as necessary. I wanted to share with you resources for accessing testing in our community and across the Commonwealth. Please click here to access a COVID-19 Test Site Locator hosted by the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and if you contacted by XXX please answer the phone and share information.
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, the Town is now offering a free taxi service for residents 18+ years of age to travel within a 20 mile radius from their Needham address. The service operates Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM and rides must be requested by 12:00 PM the business day before the ride. For more information, click here.
- In Dover, the Board of Health has provided an update on COVID-19 for the community. This update includes information on COVID-19 cases in Dover and a holiday update. For more information, click here.
- In Medfield, the Medfield State Hospital Development Committee has released its initial draft of a Request for Proposals for the Medfield State Hospital site. The Development Committee has established a public comment period that will be open until Tuesday, January 12, 2021. For more information, click here.
- In Needham,
- the Select Board will be meeting on Tuesday, December 22 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes a COVID-19 update and updates from the Director of Public Works. For the meeting information, click here.
- In Dover,
- the Caryl Community Center Building Committee will be meeting on Tuesday, December 22 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes reviewing and discussing initial design alternatives for the community center. For the meeting information, click here.
- In Medfield,
- the Board of Selectmen will be meeting on Tuesday, December 22 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. The agenda for this meeting includes two action items for projects in town. For the meeting information, click here.
- The Department of Public Health has issued guidance to advise residents how to limit risk during the holidays. The Department is asking residents to limit in-person celebrations and to continue to follow current state limits on gathering and travel. To read the guidance, click here.
- Today, $49 million in grants were awarded to small businesses in Massachusetts through the COVID-19 Small Business Grant program. 1,158 small businesses have been designated for an award, including businesses in Needham and Medfield. For more information, click here.
Reopening Updates – Phase 3: Vigilant
- On Sunday, December 15 the Commonwealth will roll back to Step 1 in Phase 3 of Massachusetts Reopening. This will reduce capacity for many sectors and tighten workplace restrictions. Additionally, restaurants, gyms, and offices have additional guidelines to follow. To learn more, click here.
- If you have questions, input, or comments regarding the Reopening Massachusetts plan, you can submit comments online. These comments can be used by the Administration to support efforts to methodically reopen the economy amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for the form.
- If you are in need of resources, information, or support, please visit my website for a list of resources. Additionally, our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
- Needham Health Department Updates
- Medfield Updates
- Dover Updates
- Department of Public Health: Click here or Call 2-1-1.
- Reopening Massachusetts
- COVID-19 Travel Order
- Centers for Disease Control
Please remember social distancing and wearing a mask is the most effective tool to contain the spread of COVID-19.
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.