Thursday, July 27, 2023
At the request of Ms. Garlick of Needham, will the members, guests, and employees please stand in a moment of silent tribute in respect to the memory of Needham resident Edward de Lemos.
- At the age of 88 Ed de Lemos died having lived a full life and loving his wife Carol, 4 daughters, and 10 grandchildren.
- A resident of Needham for more than five decades, he was an integral part of the community. In leadership, the Needham Historical Society, in reverence and joy as a tenor in St. Joseph’s choir for more than 40 years, and in active participation in community organizations and civic events.
- Ed was a man of keen intellect, with well-informed and passionate opinions and considerable skills in debate.
- Ed cared deeply about the past, present, and future issues and concerns that impacted his family, community, country, and world.
- Through his thoughts, words and actions, Ed worked for a better world every day.
- Members of the House please stand for a moment of silence in honor of Ed de Lemos.