As the Department of Public Health and other agencies and organizations provide updates I wanted to share with you the new information being reported:
- In Massachusetts, there is a total of 123 cases of COVID-19. Out of that number, 18 have been confirmed by the CDC and 105 are presumptive positive cases. More information can be found on the DPH website. Governor Baker is also limiting gatherings of more than 250 people, effective immediately in an effort to limit the spread of the virus.
- Verizon announced today that for the next 60 days, Verizon will waive late fees that incur due to economic circumstances related to COVID-19 and will not terminate service because of disruption caused by COVID-19. The press release from Verizon can be found here.
- The Department of Public Utilities issued a moratorium to suspend all shut-offs of gas and electric utilities, including Municipal Light and Gas Plants, for residential customers during the COVID-19 State of Emergency. This action was taken to ensure that residential customers will continue to have electric and gas utility service during this state of emergency.
- The Needham Community Council, which supports members of our community with unmet health, educational, or social needs, has closed their Thrift Shop to ensure the health and safety of those they serve. You can still join me in donating to the Food Pantry or in other ways and that information can be found on their website.
- You can sign up for emergency alerts in Needham, Dover, and Medfield on their websites:
- Residents in the Commonwealth can call 2-1-1 and press 2-6 to get the latest information on COVD-19
In addition to these updates, my office is still accessible so please continue to reach out to my office and someone will be in touch with you.
Our local boards of health, the Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
Needham Health Department Updates: http://www.needhamma.gov/85/Public-Health
Medfield Updates: http://www.town.medfield.net/1860/Coronavirus-Info-COVID-19
Dover Updates: http://doverma.org/
Department of Public Health: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html