Thursday, May 26, 2023
- “The Town of Needham will be honoring Memorial Day on Monday, May 29th with a ceremony at Memorial Field at 11:45 am. To learn more about the event, click here.
- The Town of Needham is accepting applications from residents to fill vacancies in town committees. This is a great opportunity to serve your community. Interested individuals can access the applicant interest form here. Applications must be received by May 31st and interviews will be held in early June. To view openings, click here. For any questions regarding vacancies, email email@example.com.
- Powisset Farm is hosting an adult cooking class on Thursday, June 1st. Attendees will make pizza from scratch using Powiseet’s outdoor brick oven. Pre-registration is required for this class, to find tickets, click here.
- The Town of Dover will be holding its Memorial Day Observation on Tuesday, May 30th at the Dover Town Common from 6 pm to 8 pm. To see event details, click here.
- The School Building Committee is seeking your feedback regarding a new/renovated elementary school building. The School Building Committee has been formalized to study and advise the town regarding a new elementary school building and public input is vital to this process. This survey is the first of many public feedback collections. Survey results will be shared with the public but will be anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself in the open comment questions. To access the survey, click here.
- The Medfield Foundation, Inc. is currently accepting applications for its Youth Leadership Program. Current 8th and 9th graders are encouraged to apply. The Youth Leadership Program provides young students to serve and give back to the community through philanthropy and volunteerism. The deadline to apply is June 15. To learn more about the program and how to apply, click here.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month if you or someone you know ever need help, Call2Talk offers free services to those who just need someone to talk to. Call2Talk is available 24/7, 365 days a year, and is offered in more than 150 languages. It is available through a phone call or text, to reach Call2Talk, call the number 988. To learn more about Call2Talk, click here.
- The Department of Conservation and Recreation is hiring lifeguards. DCR is offering bonuses and an hourly wage of $22-27 an hour. Lifeguards must be at least 16 years old, have completed lifeguard training, and be certified in first aid and CPR. To learn more about the position and how to apply, click here.
- The State Revolving Plan Loan Program is accepting applications for the 2024 Intended Use Plan. The Loan Program offers affordable financing options to cities, towns, and public water utilities to improve water supply infrastructure and drinking water safety. To learn more about the program and how to apply for the loan, click here.
- The FDA Youth Tobacco Compliance Check Program is looking for Boston youth aged 16-20 to become Youth Inspectors. Youth Inspectors will conduct tobacco compliance checks to make sure tobacco retailers are following the law and not selling tobacco to minors. The position is paid and transportation to inspections is provided. To access the Youth Inspector position interest form, click here.