Dear Friends and Neighbors,
This session, I have sponsored H.2329, An Act relative to accelerating improvements to the local and regional public health system to address disparities in the delivery of public health services, known as SAPHE 2.0. This legislation builds on the SAPHE 1.0 legislation I sponsored that was passed into law last year. It includes provisions that will ensure every community in the Commonwealth achieves established standards for public health.
As we address the lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic, Massachusetts must continue to build upon our efforts and promote high-quality, efficient public health services in the Commonwealth. This legislation takes the next step to address our Commonwealth’s public health challenges. You can read more here.
Yours in Service,
- In Needham, the Public Information Officer for the Town of Needham will be hosting a series of forums to discuss ways to improve public communication and solicit feedback on the Town’s planned website improvements. The next forum will be held on Wednesday, August 18 at 6:00 PM via Zoom.
- In Dover, the Dover Town Library and Dover Parks & Recreation are hosting a family outdoor movie for tomorrow, Friday, August 6 at 8:00 PM. They will be showing Dolittle, a 2020 fantasy-adventure film on the Dover Town Common.
- In Medfield, the Town has received two proposals for the potential redevelopment of a portion of the former Medfield State Hospital, in response to the April 2021 request for development proposals. The evaluation process is expected to take place through the fall.
- The Department of Early Education and Care has opened up applications for ARPA Child Care Stabilization Grants for all child care programs in the Commonwealth. All child care providers that meet the eligibility criteria can apply online and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply.
- All long-term care staff in Massachusetts will be required to be fully vaccinated by October 10, 2021. Unvaccinated personnel are to receive a first dose of a two-dose series by September 1, 2021 to be fully vaccinated by October 10. The requirement will provide exemptions for those with medical restrictions or religious beliefs that prevent them from receiving vaccination. To learn more, click here.
- The MassHire Massachusetts Virtual Job Fair is scheduled to take place from August 16-20 from 10 AM to 2 PM each day. All job seekers are invited to attend this event for free. Jobseekers can use Premier Virtual to video chat, submit resumes, review job openings, and find company information. To learn more and register, click here.
- Massachusetts residents ages 12 and up and who are fully vaccinated are eligible to enter the Massachusetts VaxMillions Giveaway. Residents ages 18 and older have the opportunity to win one of four remaining $1 million cash prizes and residents between ages 12-17 have the opportunity to win one of four remaining $300,000 scholarship grants. For more information on registering, click here.
If you are in need of information, resources, or support please visit my website for a list of resources regarding unemployment assistance, food assistance, housing, and mental health. Additionally, for town specific information visit the Towns of Needham, Dover, and Medfield‘s websites.
If you are in need of assistance, my office is still accessible by phone and email so please contact my office and we will get back to you.