- The Charles River Center will be holding its 11th Annual CRC 5K Run/1 Mile Walk on Sunday, September 26 at 11:00 AM. Registration is open and you can register to run virtually between September 19 and September 26 or in-person at the Charles River Center on September 26. For more information and to register, click here.
- In Needham, there will be a Special Town Meeting on October 25 in Powers Hall in Town Hall. Attendees will be required to wear face coverings to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Additonally, Needham Public Health has scheduled additional flu clinics for residents 6 years of age and older. Appointments are currently available Thursday September 30 and Saturday, October 9. Click here to register for the flu clinic.
- In Dover, the Planning Board is inviting the public to its meeting on Monday, September 20 at 7:00 PM to kick-off the Village Center Visioning process. This meeting will be held remotely. For the full meeting agenda and virtual meeting information, click here.
- In Medfield, the Board of Selectmen is seeking volunteers who wish to serve on a Town board of committee. If you are interested, click here for more information. Separately, The final draft of the House Production Plan is available for public review and will be presented on September 21, 2021 to the Board of Selectmen, Planning Board, and the Affordable Housing Trust. The public is invited to attend or watch remotely. For more information, click here.
- On Wednesday, my staff attended a briefing held by the Massachusetts Environmental Justice Table held a virtual briefing on “Improving Air Quality for Communities Burdened by Transportation Pollution.” This briefing discussed how all communities, and particularly environmental justice communities, have improved health outcomes when action is taken to address air quality concerns.
- The Department of Public Health announced today the seventh case of West Nile virus in the state this year. Needham is currently at a moderate risk level, while Medfield and Dover are currently at a low risk level. To avoid mosquitos, apply insect repellent when outdoors, be aware of peak mosquito hours, and wear long-sleeves and long pants to protect your skin. For more information, click here.
- The Food Security Infrastructure Grant Program is now accepting applications for funding until October 31, 2021. The program is focused on addressing access to fresh food by improving and strengthening the resiliency of the Commonwealth’s food system and expanding the distribution of locally grown and sourced products to vulnerable communities. For more information on this program, click here.
If you are in need of information, resources, or support please visit my website for a list of resources regarding unemployment assistance, food assistance, housing, and mental health. Additionally, for town specific information visit the Towns of Needham, Dover, and Medfield’s websites.
If you are in need of assistance, my office is still accessible by phone and email so please contact my office and we will get back to you.