As the Department of Public Health and other agencies and organizations provide updates on COVID-19, I wanted to share with you the new information being reported:
- In Massachusetts, there is a total of 7738 cases of COVID-19 and a total of 51738 tests have been performed.
- Today is Census Day! The Census can be filled out online, by phone, or by mail. For more information on the Census please visit here.
- The Mass Cultural Council will be launching a relief fund for artists and cultural workers to help support individuals who earn their income through work in the cultural sector. To learn more, click here.
- To file an unemployment claim, visit here. If you have trouble filing a claim, please contact my office for assistance.
- Anyone feeling overwhelmed with sadness, anxiety or stress, or who wants to harm themselves or others, can access the mental health, emotional support, and suicide prevention program Call2Talk by dialing 2-1-1. Call2Talk is also available by calling 508-532-2255 or by texting C2T to 741741.
- Text COVIDMA to 888-777 to receive daily text updates from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- In Needham, the Department of Public Health has closed parks, playgrounds, and fields and asks that you avoid these areas. There are many other trails for walking and exercise in the area and a list of those can be found here.
- In Dover, the Board of Selectmen has postponed the Annual Town Election and Meeting to mid-June.
In addition to these updates, my office is still
accessible so please continue to reach out and we will get back to you.
Our local boards of health, the Department of Public
Health, and the Centers for Disease Control are continuing to maintain websites
with the most updated information regarding COVID-19 that you can access here:
Needham Health Department Updates: http://www.needhamma.gov/85/Public-Health
Medfield Updates: http://www.town.medfield.net/1860/Coronavirus-Info-COVID-19
Dover Updates: http://doverma.org/
Department of Public Health: https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19, call 2-1-1, or text COVIDMA to 888-777.
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html