Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Chinese Friends of Needham will be sponsoring a free DIY Art & Craft event on Sunday, May 21st. The event will be held on Greene’s Field from 1 pm – 4 pm. event will feature popular crafting in Asian culture. To learn more about the event and to register, click here.
- Traffic detours in Needham on Highland Ave starting 9 pm on Sunday, May 21 due to overnight roadway operations for the Needham Newton Corridor Project. Road paving will end at 5 am the following day on Monday, May 22. To learn more about the project and to see detours, click here.
- The Dover Town Library is hosting a series of summer events for children of all ages. From Lego Club to baby goats, there is something for all interests. To learn more about Dover Town Library and see the events being offered this summer, click here.
- The second informational session of the Dover Community Center Special Town Meeting will be held on Monday, May 22 at 10:30 am in a hybrid setting. The information session is available online and will be shown at the Dover Town Library. The public is encouraged to attend to find out more information before the Dover Special Town Meeting. To learn more about the event, click here.
- The Medfield Historical Society is hosting a tour of the historic Medfield State Hospital on Sunday, May 21st at 11:30 am. Visitors will have the opportunity to embark on a two-hour walking tour with a knowledgeable guide through the campus of Medfield State Hospital. The tour is free to the public, pre-registration is recommended, to RSVP click here.
- Support the Nation CMV Foundation at the Kids Garage Sale in Medfield on Saturday, May 20th from 9 am – 1 pm. The event will be held at 139 Green St in Medifeld, it will be a multi-family garage sale featuring a variety of children’s clothing. All proceeds will be donated to the National CMV Foundation which is dedicated to educating women of childbearing age about congenital cytomegalovirus. To learn more about the event, click here.
- Celebrate Spring at Bellforge Arts Center on Saturday, May 20th from 10 am to 2 pm. The Bellforge Arts Center will be hosting Fun at the ‘Forge, their annual event focusing on the younger generation. This event is for all ages and is free to the public. To reserve tickets, click here.
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month if you or someone you know ever need help, Call2Talk offers free services to those who just need someone to talk to. Call2Talk is available 24/7, 365 days a year, and is offered in more than 150 languages. It is available through a phone call or text, to reach Call2Talk, call the number 988. To learn more about Call2Talk, click here.
- The Department of Conservation and Recreation is hiring lifeguards. DCR is offering bonuses and an hourly wage of $22-27 an hour. Lifeguards must be at least 16 years old, have completed lifeguard training, and be certified in first aid and CPR. To learn more about the position and how to apply, click here.
- The State Revolving Plan Loan Program is accepting applications for the 2024 Intended Use Plan. The Loan Program offers affordable financing options to cities, towns, and public water utilities to improve water supply infrastructure and drinking water safety. To learn more about the program and how to apply for the loan, click here.
- Financial education funding for veteran-serving organizations is available. The State Treasurer’s Office of Economic Empowerment invites organizations to apply for opportunity grants that help empower the Massachusetts military, veterans, families, and survivor communities. The application deadline is Thursday, May 25 at 5 pm. To learn more about the grants and how to apply, click here.
- The FDA Youth Tobacco Compliance Check Program is looking for Boston youth aged 16-20 to become Youth Inspectors. Youth Inspectors will conduct tobacco compliance checks to make sure tobacco retailers are following the law and not selling tobacco to minors. The position is paid and transportation to inspections is provided. To access the Youth Inspector position interest form, click here.